Welcome to Ballymena Runners. We are a friendly club based at the Seven Towers Leisure Centre in Ballymena. We cater for all abilities and firmly believe in our ethos that 'running is for everyone'. The success and continuing expansion of the club is all due to how we support each other every week, in training and at races. We support both the hares and the tortoises. It's all about getting you to enjoy your run. Ballymena Runners organise social events throughout each year and are keen to support the local community through outreach projects and charity events. We meet at the Seven towers Leisure Centre every Monday at 6:20pm. Come down any week and say hello.
Stephen Brown, Chairman
We are an Athletics NI affiliated club supporting runners of all aspirations. However, you do need to be over 16 to join us. Younger athletes are welcome to join in at the Ecos Saturday morning parkrun. We are also proactively engaging with local schools and community groups. If you are a teacher or community worker and would like to work in partnership with us please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Secretary - Robin Alexander Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chairperson - Stephen Brown
- Treasurer - Carol Leggett
- Membership Secretary - Lynn Tennant
- Assistant Secretary - Alastair Donaghy
- Coaching Committee Rep. - Mark Alexander Email: email@example.com
- Volunteer Committee Rep. - John Donnelly
- Charity Committee Rep. - Gerry McClintock
Captains & Vice Captains 2016/17
- Ladies' Captain: Ruth Aiken; Vice Captain: Emma Donnelly.
- Men's Captain: Ben Morrow Vice Captain: John Hasson
Our complete organisational structure can be found in the Policy Docs (See left.).
Please wear the vest in competitions. For Monday on-road training, hi-viz clothing is advised - neon coloured tops all year and, in the darker months, reflective items.