Race Over The Glens
Monday 2nd January 2017
Join us in Glenariff Forest Park for a bracing start to the year. A hill race on paths. The race route will take the form of a one lap route of approximately 6 mile. The terrain is a mixture of road, gravel and grassy paths. Normal running shoes should suffice, however 'trail' type shoes may be advisable/ beneficial in certain conditions. There will be mile markers at every mile and marshals along the route. The sole water station is at the finish point in the main car park.
This race is one to bring the family to - there are good vantage points for supporters in the first and last miles near the Visitor Centre.
2016 gallery by David Smyth.
Essential Info for 2017
- Start: 12 noon Monday 2nd January from the top car park in the forest.
- Registration: Glenariff Forest Park Visitor Centre
- Entry: £13 if ANI registered; £15 if not. Please enter in advance using the button above. On the day entries will be available at the slightly higher charges of £15 & £17.
- Changing facilities? There are male and female toilets only.
- Car parking is available near the registration point.
- Race numbers are to be pinned to the front of competitors' vests.
- First Aid will be provided by Ambutran Paramedics, both at the finish and on the course.
- Results will be published on this website afterwards.
- Prizes: Male & Female teams; F35; F40; F45; F50; F55; F60; F65; F70 and likewise for the gents.
- Travel advice will follow.